Portsmouth now offers downloadable E-Books, have your library card and pin ready and access our ebooks here….
1. Three eBook titles at a time will be available for checkout for a period of 14 days by default, but patrons may change it to 7 days or return them anytime they are ready. Titles will “disappear” (e.g. no fines).
2. Holds may be placed on checked out titles. An e-mail will be sent when the hold is ready and titles will expire after three days.
3. Patrons may access our OverDrive site from their computer or mobile device.
a. Login and Password is the same as their Library user name (barcode) and password (PIN).
b. Mobile Device patrons will need to download the OverDrive Media Console app from the app store on their device.
c. Each title will be available in several different formats and patrons will need to select the format that is compatible for their device (e.g. Kindle Book for Kindles, Adobe
EPUB eBook or Adobe PDF eBook for computers and most other mobile devices).
d. For Adobe EPUB and PDF eBooks, patrons will need to download the free Adobe Digital Editions to their computer or digital device and register for a free Adobe ID.
e. For Kindle Books, patrons will need a free Amazon account (credit card information is not required for the account)
4. Free, public domain titles (e.g. Project Gutenberg) are always available from the icon (Additional eBooks. Always Available) in the bottom left corner of the OverDrive page. These titles do not appear in any of the searches or collections on the site. They do not count towards the three title checkout limit and they do not have a due date.
5. Please have patrons complete a Patron Request Form to submit suggestions for eBooks.
Please explore the test site using the following information. Feel free to check out titles with your library barcode and PIN.